The Heights Foodstuff Hall will feature 8 unique stalls with an worldwide combine of cuisines. Rendering courtesy Popular Plate Hospitality/HGA.
The Heights, an worldwide food hall opening by the Friendship Heights Metro station this winter season, is shaping up to be a hotly anticipated venture in far more approaches than a person.
Popular Plate Hospitality (CPH)—the group driving Tex-Mex location Urbano 116, Mason Social, and Augie’s Mussel Household and Beer Garden in Alexandria—just introduced a lineup of culinary partners for its 10,000 square-foot corridor. The combine includes significant names and growing star abilities amongst the 8 stalls. New to the lineup:
- Moon Rabbit chef Kevin Tien, who is harkening back again to the early times of his initially celebrated DC cafe, Himitsu, with a sushi-centric notion.
- Chef Javier Fernandez, who’s at the rear of Filipino smash hit Kuyaja Lechon Tummy and Lapu Lapu breakfast sandwiches in Rockville. He’s opening a new venture referred to as More Rice.
- DC Dosa, a longtime most loved at Union Market, is branching out with additional vegan Indian avenue fare from owner Priya Ammu.
- Supreme BBQ, a Central Texas-encouraged smoke joint from Jeremy Canlas, which performs in tandem with a brewed-to-order boba tea concept, Auntea Boba. It will be their fifth DC-area spot.
- A 3rd branch of Mimi’s Handmade Ice Cream by Rollin Amor. Right here, he’ll specialize in from-scratch tender serve as effectively as creative ice product flavors.
CPH will also operate five ideas, together with two bars—one a speakeasy with independent obtain from the food items hall—a world-wide soup location, a Jewish-influenced deli with pizza, and one more department of taco and tequila-industry Urbano 116.
And the last seller? That placement is up for grabs. CPH has introduced “Stall Wars,” a culinary competition wherever the winning entrepreneur will receive a cost-free food corridor room for a year—no protection deposit, develop-out, or assure necessary (CPH estimates a $50,000 benefit). Business owners can apply on the net through Thursday, September 15. The top rated 3 finalists will be invited on ABC7/WJLA’s Very good Morning Washington to existing their strategy, Shark